Monday, August 11, 2008

Grandpa's Job!

I've been getting questions about how the name JooYoung came about so I thought I should explain this in a post. In Korea, it's tradition for the grandfather of the baby to give it a name. When Jake and I asked my dad to give our baby a Korean name, he was very happy and took this duty VERY seriously. At one point, he told us he had a name in mind, but when we asked what it was, he said he was still praying about it and didn't want to announce it until he was SURE. :) (yes, pretty sweet of my dad, isn't it?) Finally, one day he sat us down and said he was ready to tell us the name he came up with and that's when he told us it was JooYoung. When the name is chosen, they don't just choose any random name, but they consider the meaning of the name. Our baby's name means: Joo (which comes from JooNim) = Lord, Young (which comes from YuongGwang) = Glory. So our baby's name means "the Lord's glory".

1 comment:

Candice Clem said...

you should post more belly pics! :)