Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Shower!

On September 13, my sister threw me a wonderful baby shower! From the handmade invitations to the carefully crafted diaper cake, it was everything I could have imagined and more. I feel really lucky that Jooyoung will have such a great auntie that will love him/her in countless ways. Here are some pics from the shower for those that weren't able to make it!

Here is the diaper cake that my sister made...pretty creative, huh? She took newborn diapers to create the "layers" and used yellow tulle to hold each layer together. The cake topper was made of 3 stuffed animals. :)

Here is a pic of me and my cousin, Candice. She was about 5 weeks ahead of me - due September 21st. She just recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Harley Clem. Born September 24th at 3:06am, Harley weighed in at 8 lbs, 3 oz and was 22" long. When Jake and I went to visit, Harley made the cutest little whimpering noise...can't even say it was a cry. Made us realize how precious a newborn is and how soon our little one will be arriving! Jooyoung can't wait to meet you, cousin Harley! Congratulations, Candice and John!

Here are the mini cupcakes my sister ordered from www.trophycupcakes.com. I must say, they were the cutest cupcakes in the world and they tasted as good as they looked... absolutely delish! Cafe Latte, Vanilla, Luscious Lemon and Red Velvet...yum!

And of course, my sister, Michelle, who made it all happen! She's the best sister anyone could ever ask for and I know she'll be the best auntie to little Jooyoung! Thank you unnie for everything!

Thank you to everyone that came out to my shower to help me celebrate the long awaited arrival of our little boy or girl! You all were so generous and I am lucky to have friends like you that I know will care and love this baby! Thanks! :)

3 comments:

kimmie said...

your baby shower was so cute and the food was so yummy! :) I can't believe you're going to be a mommy very very soon! :)

Unknown said...

I'm so sad I couldn't make it, but I'm glad you had fun and felt loved! It'll be my turn to shower you and Jooyoung when I get to Seattle next week. Love you!

Candice Clem said...

Ooh! Good post!!!! I love all the pictures, and i was wondering where she got those cup cakes.

Harley is going to look like a giant next to jooyoung. Cant wait!!!!!